LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Regional Forums > Midwest > Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan

Old 02-16-2018   #1
icantdrive55
Biker Billy

Backroads of NKY: Tour 'duh' Goat Path

Sunday Feb 18 @ 10:30-10:55 AM

Looks like it'll be a cold morning in the 30s, but a high in the 50s with sun later. Meet-up is 10:30-10:55 at the McD's on KY 17 and I-275 (exit 80). Fuel is available at Thornton's adjacent to McD. KICKSTANDS UP AT 11:00 AM SHARP!

Route is paved rural roads, approx. 165 miles long with seat time of approx. 4.5-5 hours. Pace will be "spirited" at 5-20 MPH over SL, but not gonzo crazy. Please note that group size and pace, unscheduled stops, and Sunday church traffic may result in delays. Also note that we will start east and finish west at the Petersburg exit on I-275 (exit 11). Mileage and seat time estimates DO NOT include travel to/from your home. There are fuel opportunities at the start location and about the 100 mile mark.

Many of the roads on the route are very rural, single lane (no centerline) roads. Anticipate any/all of the following: sketchy pavement, pot holes, gravel, technical corners and elevation changes, slow farm equipment, junkyard dogs and stray farm animals. Since this is an early season ride, please make sure your bike is in good operating condition with fully charged battery and tires properly inflated. All bikes welcome, but the roads are more suited to experienced riders on full-size bikes.

Last edited by icantdrive55; 02-16-2018 at 04:22 PM.
icantdrive55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018   #2
tytek

Re: Backroads of NKY: Tour 'duh' Goat Path

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantdrive55 View Post
Sunday Feb 18 @ 10:30-10:55 AM

Looks like it'll be a cold morning in the 30s, but a high in the 50s with sun later. Meet-up is 10:30-10:55 at the McD's on KY 17 and I-275 (exit 80). Fuel is available at Thornton's adjacent to McD. KICKSTANDS UP AT 11:00 AM SHARP!

Route is paved rural roads, approx. 165 miles long with seat time of approx. 4.5-5 hours. Pace will be "spirited" at 5-20 MPH over SL, but not gonzo crazy. Please note that group size and pace, unscheduled stops, and Sunday church traffic may result in delays. Also note that we will start east and finish west at the Petersburg exit on I-275 (exit 11). Mileage and seat time estimates DO NOT include travel to/from your home. There are fuel opportunities at the start location and about the 100 mile mark.

Many of the roads on the route are very rural, single lane (no centerline) roads. Anticipate any/all of the following: sketchy pavement, pot holes, gravel, technical corners and elevation changes, slow farm equipment, junkyard dogs and stray farm animals. Since this is an early season ride, please make sure your bike is in good operating condition with fully charged battery and tires properly inflated. All bikes welcome, but the roads are more suited to experienced riders on full-size bikes.
Oh how I wish I could join you Bubba... it is freaking 15F here in Minneapolis and the riding season probably won't start until May
And... did I say that there are no twisties within 100+ miles from where I live?

Have fun and be safe!
Old 02-17-2018   #3
Dave Bannister
OH-Cincinnati Member

Not sure if I can make but will try

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2018   #4
kyzrex

Be careful of ice in shaded areas.....still snow on the grassy areas and wet on many roads over here
kyzrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018   #5
Dave Bannister
OH-Cincinnati Member

Im not going to make the Ride I️t looks like enjoy Ill catch up next tine
Old 02-19-2018   #6
Project84

Need more of a heads up next time and I'll be in.

Traffic on this forum has slowed to a pace that I'm only checking in once a week or so and as such, I missed this one.

Took the Camaro out to Rabbit Hash yesterday to enjoy some decent weather.
Old 02-19-2018   #7
icantdrive55
Biker Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project84 View Post
Need more of a heads up next time and I'll be in.

Traffic on this forum has slowed to a pace that I'm only checking in once a week or so and as such, I missed this one.
P84: Yeah, I don't put much on this forum anymore because of lack of traffic and participation. Most of the ride planning I do now goes on the FB motorcycle forums I belong to. It took me a few years to break down and "join forces with the devil" but now that most young folks have eschewed FB for media like Twitter and other mobile Android apps, I kind of like it. If a grumpy 67 yo techno-phobe can do it, you can too.
Old 02-19-2018   #8
sjaskow
2012 Victory Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytek View Post
Oh how I wish I could join you Bubba... it is freaking 15F here in Minneapolis and the riding season probably won't start until May
And... did I say that there are no twisties within 100+ miles from where I live?

Have fun and be safe!
To be completely off subject: Where are you in Minneapolis? Have you ridden Goodhue county 7 in the Welch area. It ain't the Dragon but it's definitely not 100 miles from Minneapolis.

I live in Hastings and my shake off the cobwebs ride tends to be Goodhue 7 and then back roads across into Wisconsin and some version of the alphabets back to Prescott.
sjaskow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018   #9
icantdrive55
Biker Billy

Quote:
Oh how I wish I could join you Bubba...
Ty: Here's a couple of vids from Sunday to bring back warm memories of breaking all the speed limits in NKY. Roads were kind'a cold, wet and slippery in many spots. Looked like the farmers were getting an early start spreading their stockpiled cow shit on the fields...and all over the back roads. Lots of storm debris and gravel washed from rural driveways, too. Still loads of fun!

Heading south from Alexandria/near:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICdyM_KzcJ8

Heading back north from 467 on Arnolds Creek:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR1LVNSXHaw

Last section in Boone Cty near I-275:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8LAk76XuNY
Old 02-25-2018   #10
tytek

Thumbs up Re: Backroads of NKY: Tour 'duh' Goat Path

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaskow View Post
To be completely off subject: Where are you in Minneapolis? Have you ridden Goodhue county 7 in the Welch area. It ain't the Dragon but it's definitely not 100 miles from Minneapolis.

I live in Hastings and my shake off the cobwebs ride tends to be Goodhue 7 and then back roads across into Wisconsin and some version of the alphabets back to Prescott.
I have not... and I am intrigued. Thanks for the tip. Ill research it on the web, since we just got about 6-8 of fresh snow last night.
Old 02-25-2018   #11
tytek

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantdrive55 View Post
Ty: Here's a couple of vids from Sunday to bring back warm memories of breaking all the speed limits in NKY. Roads were kind'a cold, wet and slippery in many spots. Looked like the farmers were getting an early start spreading their stockpiled cow shit on the fields...and all over the back roads. Lots of storm debris and gravel washed from rural driveways, too. Still loads of fun!

Heading south from Alexandria/near:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICdyM_KzcJ8

Heading back north from 467 on Arnolds Creek:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR1LVNSXHaw

Last section in Boone Cty near I-275:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8LAk76XuNY
Sweet videos, Billiam! Beautiful goat paths. Doesn’t look too warm though.

The storm sounds good in the videos. Hole in the muffler?
Old 02-26-2018   #12
icantdrive55
Biker Billy

Quote:
The storm sounds good in the videos. Hole in the muffler?
Nope. Still going strong at 45K miles! Must be all that unleashed power...