LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > The Market Place > Wanted

Wanted If ya need it, it belongs here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2016   #1
Scuba
Bite my shiny metal ass
 
Scuba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 523
Inexpensive Used Auto(s)?

I got an email from a friend of mine has two daughters stating that they are EACH in need of inexpensive autos - so 2 of them (long story). He specifically stated: "vehicles with less than 150K miles, pre-2006 (for insurance reasons)"

It sounds like he's looking for something quickly so if anyone knows of one, PM me and I will pass along the info. Thanks.
__________________
Joe
2016 BMW S1000XR
'09 XR650L
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016   #2
WOZERD
LOCO Pseudo-Intellectual
 
WOZERD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,872
Re: Inexpensive Used Auto(s)?

Define "inexpensive"
And-- something more detailed than "used vehicle.
Economy car ? Huge boat that can knock over a D10 Cat?
An SUV? AWD?
__________________
2014 Aprilia Shiver 750
AHRMA #628 (retired)
WOZERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016   #3
WOZERD
LOCO Pseudo-Intellectual
 
WOZERD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,872
Re: Inexpensive Used Auto(s)?

For example.
No one ever thinks about this car-- they know very little about it. They don't even look at it. So they sit on used car lots and in driveways with 4 sale signs on them
But look them up-- check their reputation and the comments by car experts, owners and Edmunds
https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5679609281.html
__________________
2014 Aprilia Shiver 750
AHRMA #628 (retired)
WOZERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016   #4
dualsport
Supporting Member
 
dualsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 969
Re: Inexpensive Used Auto(s)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOZERD View Post
For example.
No one ever thinks about this car-- they know very little about it. They don't even look at it. So they sit on used car lots and in driveways with 4 sale signs on them
But look them up-- check their reputation and the comments by car experts, owners and Edmunds
https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5679609281.html
I have owned several. Vitara, Tracker same car. Full frame and tuff as they get.
__________________
Ray Pope
Dual Sport'n
In Cincinnati
dualsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016   #5
WOZERD
LOCO Pseudo-Intellectual
 
WOZERD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,872
Re: Inexpensive Used Auto(s)?

Quote:
I have owned several. Vitara, Tracker same car. Full frame and tuff as they get.
Well-- there ya go!
But-- I was thinking more along the lines of this style-- a little bit better weather protection!
__________________
2014 Aprilia Shiver 750
AHRMA #628 (retired)
WOZERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016   #6
WOZERD
LOCO Pseudo-Intellectual
 
WOZERD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,872
Re: Inexpensive Used Auto(s)?

Here's another thought. A Pontiac-- a now defunct auto mfg. People think-- NO PARTS!
The secret is-- it's a Toyota Matrix. Except for a different grill and badges-- it's a Toyota.
https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5683476405.html
__________________
2014 Aprilia Shiver 750
AHRMA #628 (retired)
WOZERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016   #7
dualsport
Supporting Member
 
dualsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 969
Re: Inexpensive Used Auto(s)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOZERD View Post
Here's another thought. A Pontiac-- a now defunct auto mfg. People think-- NO PARTS!
The secret is-- it's a Toyota Matrix. Except for a different grill and badges-- it's a Toyota.
You been peeking into my driveway?

I have a 2005 Vibe I use for my delivery vehicle. 36-37 mpg timing, chain motor and half the price of the Matrix.
__________________
Ray Pope
Dual Sport'n
In Cincinnati
dualsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016   #8
WOZERD
LOCO Pseudo-Intellectual
 
WOZERD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,872
Re: Inexpensive Used Auto(s)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualsport View Post
You been peeking into my driveway?

I have a 2005 Vibe I use for my delivery vehicle. 36-37 mpg timing, chain motor and half the price of the Matrix.
HA HA Ray-- seems we think alike!
( I pity you!!!)
__________________
2014 Aprilia Shiver 750
AHRMA #628 (retired)
WOZERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016   #9
Scuba
Bite my shiny metal ass
 
Scuba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 523
Re: Inexpensive Used Auto(s)?

Sorry...I meant to post that, he said <$3k. Thanks for the leads!
__________________
Joe
2016 BMW S1000XR
'09 XR650L
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016   #10
WOZERD
LOCO Pseudo-Intellectual
 
WOZERD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,872
Re: Inexpensive Used Auto(s)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba View Post
I got an email from a friend of mine has two daughters stating that they are EACH in need of inexpensive autos - so 2 of them (long story). He specifically stated: "vehicles with less than 150K miles, pre-2006 (for insurance reasons)"

It sounds like he's looking for something quickly so if anyone knows of one, PM me and I will pass along the info. Thanks.
Well, Scuba--- we be trying to help!
Maybe "quickly" was the wrong word?
I sent you a PM
__________________
2014 Aprilia Shiver 750
AHRMA #628 (retired)

Last edited by WOZERD; 08-01-2016 at 10:13 AM.
WOZERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016   #11
Scuba
Bite my shiny metal ass
 
Scuba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 523
Re: Inexpensive Used Auto(s)?

That's weird, never got one and still don't see one. I don't check this forum often because it's relatively low activity and that's why I specified PM so I would get notification. I guess I could've subscribed to the thread...
__________________
Joe
2016 BMW S1000XR
'09 XR650L
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016   #12
dualsport
Supporting Member
 
dualsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 969
Re: Inexpensive Used Auto(s)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba View Post
That's weird, never got one and still don't see one. I don't check this forum often because it's relatively low activity and that's why I specified PM so I would get notification. I guess I could've subscribed to the thread...
Checking a thread you started might be a good idea.
__________________
Ray Pope
Dual Sport'n
In Cincinnati
dualsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016   #13
Scuba
Bite my shiny metal ass
 
Scuba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 523
Re: Inexpensive Used Auto(s)?

Thank you capt obvious
__________________
Joe
2016 BMW S1000XR
'09 XR650L
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016   #14
WOZERD
LOCO Pseudo-Intellectual
 
WOZERD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,872
Re: Inexpensive Used Auto(s)?

Not sure what I did wrong Scuba-- but ya-- nothing in my sent box.
Either way-- now you know so, moot point
__________________
2014 Aprilia Shiver 750
AHRMA #628 (retired)
WOZERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016   #15
WOZERD
LOCO Pseudo-Intellectual
 
WOZERD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,872
Re: Inexpensive Used Auto(s)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOZERD View Post
Here's another thought. A Pontiac-- a now defunct auto mfg. People think-- NO PARTS!
The secret is-- it's a Toyota Matrix. Except for a different grill and badges-- it's a Toyota.
https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5683476405.html
This Vibe is 3400-- you would have to be pretty lame to not get it for 3-- or less!!2900.00b seems about fair
And the Zook is $2000 with 3k more than the miles he/she seeks
__________________
2014 Aprilia Shiver 750
AHRMA #628 (retired)

Last edited by WOZERD; 08-02-2016 at 09:46 PM.
WOZERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001-2013 LocalRiders.com