LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Clubs/Associations > OH-C.O.R.E.(Central OH Riding Enthusiasts)

OH-C.O.R.E.(Central OH Riding Enthusiasts) These folks have the market on some of the best roads in OH. Well worth a trip from anywhere to ride with this group.
Photogallery can be found by clicking here

Old 11-07-2002   #1
Bambam
Original Member

Thumbs up Saturday 11/9 or Sunday 11/10 Ride

If the weather's fine (ie dry) there may be a CORE ride in Central/SE Ohio. All are welcome.

Plans not firmed up yet but likely to be meeting in Zanesville @ 11AM Sunday... Then heading for the curvy stuff.

Please see the following thread on the core website for updates:-

http://pub89.ezboard.com/fcore74332f...picID=23.topic

CORE: Central Ohio Riding Enthusiasts
1999 Ducati 900SS
Bambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002   #2
Bambam
Original Member

11/10 - CORE - Southeast OH

Quote:
Originally posted by bmaynard
Thanks to both of you for the routes, I'll be trying some of them first warm day I can call in sick of work. And thanks for the link to CORE, looks like more good info and posts.

Bob
Bob, if you're interested there is likely to be a small group riding some of these roads on this coming Sunday Nov 10th. I know of at least one rider coming down from Cleveland who you might hook up with.

Plans are still forming on the core website in the following thread...
http://pub89.ezboard.com/fcore74332f...picID=23.topic

1999 Ducati 900SS
Old 11-07-2002   #3
bmaynard
Original Member

quote:
Bob, if you're interested there is likely to be a small group riding some of these roads on this coming Sunday Nov 10th. I know of at least one rider coming down from Cleveland who you might hook up with.

Thanks,
I've been making plans for Rt 26 on Saturday, and have the blessing of my lovely social secretary. I was marking routes on my map when I found your post tonight (I like that email notification feature). Weather looks a little iffy for the 10th up here, I'm even taking my raingear for the late Sat. afternoon ride home. Hope I don't need a deer deflector!
I've got to get some good riding in before the snow flies, last was Tenn/dragon back in Sept. Got rained on that one too! Tx again for the routes and the offer of a ride!!
Bob
bmaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002   #4
Bambam
Original Member

Quote:
quote:
Thanks,
I've been making plans for Rt 26 on Saturday, and have the blessing of my lovely social secretary. I was marking routes on my map when I found your post tonight (I like that email notification feature). Weather looks a little iffy for the 10th up here, I'm even taking my raingear for the late Sat. afternoon ride home. Hope I don't need a deer deflector!
I've got to get some good riding in before the snow flies, last was Tenn/dragon back in Sept. Got rained on that one too! Tx again for the routes and the offer of a ride!!
Bob
Bob, my plans have changed and I will almost certainly be riding down that way on Saturday. Another rider will probably be meeting me in Bolivar - we'll ride the backroads south to Zanesville, meet a few others then hit Rt555, 78, 260, 26 etc etc - 8.00AM at Bolivar Dairy Queen at Exit-93 on I-77 is a good bet if you want to hook up with us...

1999 Ducati 900SS
Old 11-08-2002   #5
bmaynard
Original Member

Thanks again, I probably can't make it that early. I'll keep an eye out for you guys, please do the same for me. I'll be riding a blue and silver 92 Yam FJ1200, white helmet, black leathers. I'll swing by if I do get going early enough, but don't wait for me. What color is your Duc?
Bob
Old 11-08-2002   #6
mglisson
OH-Cincinnati Member

Quote:
What color is your Duc?
Bob
check out bambam's pic of isabella in his photogallery:

http://www.localriders.com/photopost...ser=45&thumb=1

you cant miss it!

have fun, wish i would make it up that way...not enough time free tomorrow...

guess i'm stuck w/the twisties in NKY

Mike
mglisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002   #7
Bambam
Original Member

Okay Bob... my SS is RED!! I'm all in black leather with a red lid!!

I'll probably be riding with a group including a Black 1200 Bandit, a Blue R1 and a few other assorted sportbikes. From Zanesville we'll probably head down 555 then maybe cut east on 78, south on 260 to 26 then continue sout to Marietta.. not firm yet though - plans usually change halfway through the day!!

I'll keep an eye out for ya!!

PS Thanks Mike - keep safe tomorrow..
Attached Thumbnails
land_isabella003.jpg  

1999 Ducati 900SS

Last edited by Bambam; 11-08-2002 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-08-2002   #8
bmaynard
Original Member

Nice sturdy looking bike, not quite as sexy as my FJ, though.

Ride safe,
Bob
Old 11-09-2002   #9
Bambam
Original Member

Bob, hope you got back safely today. It was a real pleasure to meet you and I only wish our schedules had allowed us to actually ride together. That FJ you have is pretty handsome and as Steve so rightly said - the bike is a classic..

After leaving Wendy's, our group split in two and three of us headed up 26 and ended up on 145 after all. We hit a few light showers and one or two patches of wet pavement that slowed us up a little.. Hope you managed to avoid the rain.

Still, a great day though..

Let's hope for some more 'Indian summers' heh?

http://pub89.ezboard.com/fcore74332f...picID=27.topic

1999 Ducati 900SS
Old 11-11-2002   #10
bmaynard
Original Member

Bill,
Likewise, it was great to meet you and the rest of the group. A beautiful bunch of machines assembled outside my window at Wendy's, it was neat to see you all roll in.
Thanks for clueing me in to some great roads, its nice to have some good roads only an hour or two away.
Onthe way home, I had a bit of good riding until I hit light rain and slowed down.
I'll keep an eye on both sites and if there's a patch of good weather, see if a group ride forms up. I've got a better feel for road conditions and sign markings as compared to WV and the Smokies where I usually get to ride twisties, now I'd feel more comfortable in a group.
I got home safely, in time before the dog exploded. Hope to ride with you all soon.
Bob