LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Race Teams > Team HoleShot Motorsports

Team HoleShot Motorsports
Photo Gallery Forums

Old 10-21-2004   #1
shakenbake
Looking for my Burrow Owl

Smile Nelson's Sprint Race report 10/10/04 214 Bike

Man, What a season!!! Team Holeshot Motorsports ran our final 3 Hour Endurance race of the season on Saturday, finishing out the season in 2nd place for the MWT class. The report can be read here: http://www.localriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5948

Having finished the Endurance season and having thrown several Hundreds of dollars at the CBR-B-QUE over the course of the season, I figured I needed to race the bike at least once this year. I talked with fellow team mate Steve Shields and he was up for it too. The 214 and the 44 bike were to take the grid on Sunday for sprints!!!

My 1st race (Ill let Steve tell his own tail) was Race Two 600 Superbike:
Story of the day COLD, Cold track, Cold Tires. We line up, green flag flies; I manage to be the last one into turn 1. From that point on it was an uphill battle that I never did win. I did manage to pass one other yellow plate and one white plate on my way to finishing in 5th place for the Novice group.

My 2nd race was Race 9 GT1:
Guess what? Still COLD. Tires REALLY cold from setting around since race 2.
Green Flag drops, this time Im in the middle of the pack into turn one, but somehow I manage to be the last one out of turn one??? At this point I hook up on the back of Steve and we try to make up the lost ground. We come into some traffic (Darn white plates) that really holds us up. Steve gets around him, but it takes me another lap to get by him. By this time I am in a very comfortable LAST Place for the novice group. So I just start ridding as hard as I can to try and at least see the pack again. I still had fun, and man did I ever get blistered when the Expert #20 and #311 split me in the middle of turn one. They where MOVING.
The Checker flag flies, I finish in 7th for the novice group, with only having passed one bike (the white plate) I was dead last in my group, but at least I wasnt the very last bike.

Running Sprints was a blast. Its a totally different world than the endurance races. If you havent tried it, you should. 12 laps go by like nothing. I cant wait to do it again next year.

Id like to thank everyone who came out and help this year. Thanks to all who busted there butts to help me get the CBR-B-QUE back on the track. Thanks Steve and Rob (my Team Mates) for putting up with me and not killing me when I royally tossed the 44 bike. Thanks to Jetwrench (Shane O) for being the best friend and Mech that I know, Thanks to the Crew at Holeshot Motorsports for all the support this year. Thanks to everyone at Localriders.com for everything. Im sure there are many others but Ill stop for now.

I hope everyone takes the time to check out the Team Holeshot sponsors.

Holeshot Motor Sports You guys are great! Thanks for taking care of us.

Worldwide Bearings - Their ceramic bearings did one hell of a job. Thanks Dave!

Ferodo Brakes Wow! Best brakes in the world.

CC & Sons Valvoline Instant Oil Change The life blood of our motorcycle. Thanks Danny!

J&J Sport Shop Our shirts look great!

PW Designs Best looking bike on the track. Thanks for the vinyl.

Localriders.com We all know how great that is.
WERA#525
www.knoxarmorusa.com
www.sportbiketrackgear.com

Last edited by shakenbake; 10-21-2004 at 02:35 AM.
shakenbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #2
pguest

if you plan on doing more sprint races, you might want to consider purchasing tire warmers.
pguest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #3
shakenbake
Looking for my Burrow Owl

Or dropping 50 Lbs......
WERA#525
www.knoxarmorusa.com
www.sportbiketrackgear.com
shakenbake is offline   Reply With Quote