LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Community Forums > General Discussions

Old 11-13-2002   #16
FFPPATON
Hey Wait for Me

I'm Keith, 31, from Williamsburg, OH. Grew up in Liberty Twp., moved out to burg in '91. I'm currently a Paramedic/Firefighter and work in the ED at Mercy Hospital Clermont. I started riding a dirt bike last year and got my gsx600f this past May. I'm usually working somewhere.
FFPPATON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002   #17
RJH_5150
Dedicated Rider

I think everyone knows me by now. I have been at just about every Localriders thing we have had. If you don't, the name is Rob. I have a goal to own a bike for each day of the week. I am up to 3 so far. I think my goals are going to be held up for a while since my decision to do some endurance racing next year. Damn! Iím down to 2 bikes now that I am sacrificing one to be a track bitch. Oh well. I will ride with anyone anywhere. Ask Ed and Rob K., they will tell you.

Race Team Sponsored by:
Neyra Racing
Middletown Cycle
Worldwide Bearings
RJH_5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002   #18
jdanhires
Junior Woodchuck Welder

Rob -
You're using the 'wing on the track, right?

John
jdanhires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002   #19
zx7rking
I'm just puttin along...

I'm Bryan 30 years old. I work for AT&T wireless here in Cincy, as a Switch Tech (computer geek) Former SGT of Marines, which is where I got my computer/Telephony back gorund.
I'm met a bunch of people from Cincy/ N KY. on various rides. I ride a 2K ZX-7R. I've done a few track days on it. I also I ride (from time to time) a 01' ZX-6R (Finaces bike) But the 7 is my baby, and I have major plans for it this winter.
01' ZX-6R <--- Wifes
zx7rking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002   #20
cjewell
Original Member

Hay everyone, I'm Charlie, aka Chuck The Puck, Heheee. Unlike Rob H. my hinney feels good on a Honda. I ride a 99 VFR 800 and an 01 CBR 929, not very well but I'm a tryin. Yes I'm the one you boyz have to waite on at every stop but ( and you know who you are) you guys need to rest your troddle hands on occasion. I'm, lets see, too dang old but still having fun and have been riding for 38 years. Always a Honda except for One Yamaha.

Charlie,
cjewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002   #21
Davey
LR Junkie.

Hi

I'm David,

If you don't know me yet I'm Dave Bannister's son... I'm 17 and wanna ride and i am learning to ride... or want to anyway. Just gotta get a better bike first... Right dad? I'm almost 18 and only a senior in high school and I'll post on here every now and then. Just thought you'd wanna know who I am.

Me
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002   #22
esimpson #126

Hello ,
My name is Eric Simpson and I'm addicted to motorcycles. I whore myself out as a Software Engineer to make money to feed my addiction. I first tried motorcycling about 2 1/2 years ago and I immediately became addicted. My drug of choice was a '00 CBR600F4. My habit was about 15k miles per year, mostly spent on twisties like KY 22 and 17. That was bad enough until some recovering racer friends maliciously introduced me to WERA. So like any other dimwitted addict, I turned my F4 into a race bike and bought an '02 F4i so I could keep feeding my street addiction. I tricked myself into believing that I could quit my track addiction anytime I wanted. It's been a month and a half since I was at the track last and I already have the shakes from withdrawal. Please HELP ME!!!!
esimpson #126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002   #23
cbr_dog
racer4life

hey guys/gals just joined here today i am from marion oh, i ride a 01 929 r/b i race ysr and moto x and have been doing this crazy stuff for 29 yrs but i am still a kid at 34, i am a maint mechanic and married with 2 girls.
my home is mostly at core but this appears to be a pretty cool spot too so i will probably be seeing you peeps alot.
03 xr50 pit bike
03 xr100
01 400ex
cbr_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003   #24
sportsterbob

Introduction

Hi all. I just registered on this forum last week. Found it through a member of www.sportster.org. and just wanted to introduce myself. Name is Bob and I live in Columbia Station, Ohio (Cleveland area). I ride a 2002 Sportster 1200 Custom. Wanted to find out about some of the other folks on this forum. What do you all ride? Anyone here from the Cleveland, or Northern Ohio area? Well, just sitting here dealing with the winter blues and checking out some sites. Hope you are all keeping warm and safe.

Ride Safe
Bob
sportsterbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003   #25
Dave Bannister
OH-Cincinnati Member

Hi Bob

I hear the winter blues.... I am Down in the southern part of Ohio (Cincinnati) freezin my nads off as we speak...

Plenty of members on the list up north too... I will be up there in at the end of the month for the international bike show jan31..

Snowed 3 or 4 inches yesterday but I am sure nothing like the lake effect snow you are used to.. I know a little about that growing up in Ind on lake michigan....

A small group rides up to nelson ledges a 1/2 dozen times through out the year and helps LocalRiders.com racing efforts in the pits for the 3 hour endurance races...

Nice to hear from ya... Are you planing to go to the bike show?
Old 01-17-2003   #26
Garth Dexter

I've been lurking for the past couple of months so let me introduce myself. My name is Garth Dexter, 39, live in West Chester and run a small property management company. I've been riding since I was 7 ( Yamaha 60 for Xmas-thanks Dad!) Done alot of MX, and off road riding. Owned alot of bikes over the years. My first street bike was the original Honda 500 Interceptor. Current ride is a 2001 Ducati M900 Black with Carbon flyscreen and pipes. Also I'm restoring a 1970 Porsche 911 into an auto-x/ track day car. Held an SCCA national license in the early 90's running a ZX-10 powered Lola Sportsracer.

The guys in my neighborhood all ride Harleys - nothing against them, but my bike won't go that slow. So looking forward to riding with similar type bikers. Rode the Ducati ride last summer which was a lot of fun!

Really like the website & forum - lost of potential here.

Garth Dexter
Garth Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003   #27
FFPPATON
Hey Wait for Me

Glad to see you posted Garth. I grew up in Liberty Twp., now I live way out here in Williamsburg, OH. Maybe sometime this spring we can meet up a ride around West Chester/Liberty Twps. It's nothing like when I moved. The cows have been replaced by new subdivisions and strip malls.

00 Katana 600 (sold)
13 GSXR 750
FFPPATON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003   #28
CB1000

Hi folks. I'm Bill and I'm 38. I work near downtown Cleveland, Ohio and live just east of town. I'm a Network Admin for a non-profit org.

I ride a '95 CB1000 in red (but I think that's what they were in '95). The bike has been put through the "I want to play harder" upgrades like pipe/jet/tuneup, 17" mags for better tires (stock wheels are 18"), and springs front and rear. Not to far from stock but set up for me.

This is my first bike. I just started riding a few years ago. I wish I would have found my way here sooner. I dream of, and continually watch for a sport / track bike and a tour bike. Dream bikes? '02 Daytona 955i and K1200LT. I'll probably end up with someone's wadded GSXR750/1000 and a Valk but hey, baby steps. Right?

I'm involved with Fasttrax in that I'm really hooked on Bob's street rider classes. With my bike, my size and experience, I closed the '01 season with consistent 1:34s at Nelson's. All things considered, this really isn't bad. I've done one Fasttrax visit to Mid-Ohio. I'm looking forward to Grattan this year.

Hopefully schedules and weather will allow me to meet some of you. I'm looking forward to some riding down near Hocking and parts in S.E. Ohio.

Ride safe!

Last edited by CB1000; 02-17-2003 at 10:04 PM.
CB1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003   #29
Dave Bannister
OH-Cincinnati Member

Bill (cb 1000)

I can remember seeing a red "the big one" up at nelsons in the street school. I looked around for a pic and couldn't find 1 yet..

Did you take the first class in 2002?

P.S. a wadded up GSXR 750 still turns decent lap times but not nearly as comfy as the Big One
Old 02-15-2003   #30
CB1000

Yes, that was probably me. I was in every Street class except June. I rode with the B Group the first couple classes last year, then moved to A.

I have a cool image of the bike but it's really too big to post. I have to slim it down before I post it.

Also, I'm not slamming a gixxer. Heck, I'd love one. I was simply comparing my dream machine to my budget. I'm really intriqued by the triple.

I'm already signed up for the first two classes this year. Mid-Ohio was challenging to me. I hear Grattan is even worse (or better). I can't wait.
CB1000 is offline   Reply With Quote