LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Riding > Adventure Riding

Adventure Riding For the folks that do it all, dirt, street, gravel ...

Old 03-31-2011   #1
drag0n
always dragin' something

new to dirt

I just bought my first 'dual sport' bike... ok, fine, its a dirt bike with a street kit, a 2001 xr250r to be specific. Its most definitely not fast, I think I topped it out at 65 on dirt tires and it felt fine, I have some AC10's to put on it when I get home. But in any case, I am new to the dual sport/dirt riding. I am looking for people that know some places to go that I can learn to ride offroad on and maybe even somewhere to venture. I know a few people that have dual sports, I haven't seen any street converted dirtbikes running around though, but I would love to come out on some adventure rides as long as the distance isn't crazy as it would take me a really long time to get there, hah.

Support search and rescue, GET LOST!

1989 FZR 400
1996 FZR 600
2001 XR250R
drag0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011   #2
fzrkentucky
14 karat crazy

Re: new to dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0n View Post
I just bought my first 'dual sport' bike... ok, fine, its a dirt bike with a street kit, a 2001 xr250r to be specific. Its most definitely not fast, I think I topped it out at 65 on dirt tires and it felt fine, I have some AC10's to put on it when I get home. But in any case, I am new to the dual sport/dirt riding. I am looking for people that know some places to go that I can learn to ride offroad on and maybe even somewhere to venture. I know a few people that have dual sports, I haven't seen any street converted dirtbikes running around though, but I would love to come out on some adventure rides as long as the distance isn't crazy as it would take me a really long time to get there, hah.
We been running the dirt/motards at the cart track in camden ohio. $10 all day track time. I love it. Lots of dirt rides going down too. i don't mess with the dirt, but I'll run knobbies or whatever at the cart track.

fzrkentucky is offline   Reply With Quote