LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Clubs/Associations > OH-C.O.R.E.(Central OH Riding Enthusiasts)

OH-C.O.R.E.(Central OH Riding Enthusiasts) These folks have the market on some of the best roads in OH. Well worth a trip from anywhere to ride with this group.
Photogallery can be found by clicking here

Old 05-29-2003   #1
FFPPATON
Hey Wait for Me

Ride 6/7 & 6/8

Saturday June 7th and Sunday June 8th

Meeting place- Bob Evans @ 8:30-9am for Breakfast on SR 28 in Milford, right off of I275. 10am if you don't want Breakfast. Plan is to leave by 10-10:15am.

After Leaving Bob Evans we will:
Take I-275 into KY and exit at the AA highway or marked as highway 9, Exit 77 and the Shell station is the next stop. Be there by 10:30am if you do not make Bob Evans. After a quick stop there...time to ride.

This is a way to meet some of the ppl from the Zanesville ride again. Everyone is welcome to ride. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. The ppl coming from out of town maybe staying at the Motel 6 on Beechmont Ave.

Keith Paton

CORE

00 Katana 600 (sold)
13 GSXR 750

Last edited by FFPPATON; 05-30-2003 at 03:05 PM.
FFPPATON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003   #2
Bambam
Original Member

Thumbs up

Great post Keith - yes, I'm definitely intending to do the Saturday breakfast... hope to see some of the Western people from that Zanesville meeting again...

CORE: Central Ohio Riding Enthusiasts
1999 Ducati 900SS
Bambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003   #3
datdaz84

Too far away from me Any planned rides around Canton/Akron/Alliance area?

I'd love to meet up since my F3 is finally running right.
datdaz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003   #4
Bambam
Original Member

Quote:
Originally posted by datdaz84
Too far away from me Any planned rides around Canton/Akron/Alliance area?

I'd love to meet up since my F3 is finally running right.
Hi Datdaz... I'm from round that way - I live in Bolivar, we could meet up for a ride this Sunday if you like... if it ever stops raining!!

1999 Ducati 900SS
Old 06-02-2003   #5
datdaz84

I'm tigerfur500 on SB.N, you've referred me to Ohio Superbike. I'll be up for a ride this saturday if the rain stays away. I've got a few others who may want to ride, let me know where a good spot to meet up is.

Mike Diaz
datdaz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003   #6
Bambam
Original Member

Quote:
Originally posted by datdaz84
I'm tigerfur500 on SB.N, you've referred me to Ohio Superbike. I'll be up for a ride this saturday if the rain stays away. I've got a few others who may want to ride, let me know where a good spot to meet up is.

Mike Diaz
Mike, do you mean you'd like to do the ride over to Cincinnati with us on Saturday? If so, a few of us are leaving Bolivar Dairy Queen on exit 93 of I-71 at 6.00am sharp...

EDIT: Yikes!! I said I-71 and I really meant I-77. . . I sure hope nobody's waiting at that other one on Saturday!!

For clarity: it's Bolivar Dairy Queen on exit 93 of I-77 at 6.00am sharp...

1999 Ducati 900SS

Last edited by Bambam; 06-05-2003 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-05-2003   #7
FFPPATON
Hey Wait for Me

Anyone from Localriders plan on attending either/both of these days of riding? Just wondering how many spots need saved at breakfast. Any questions, email me or call my c-phone 513-405-1006 and leave a message and phone number(s) to call you back. Hope to see alot of you at Bob Evans this weekend. Please pray for good weather as well, we have ppl coming from north and central Ohio to ride this weekend.

00 Katana 600 (sold)
13 GSXR 750
Old 06-07-2003   #8
mglisson
OH-Cincinnati Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FFPPATON
Anyone from Localriders plan on attending either/both of these days of riding?
Looks like the group from C.O.R.E. will be down around 10/22 on Sunday the same time as the normal Sunday crowd from Hooters.

No time for breakfast in the morning. I'm going to try to meetup at Hooters. Hopefully we'll run into you somewhere along the way....Shell Station on the AA or at Willows (near the intersection of 10/22).
mglisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003   #9
FFPPATON
Hey Wait for Me

catching up

Most likely it will be at the Shell station in Falmouth, we will probably be there between 12 pm and 1 pm. Hopefully I don't turn to early tomorrow again. Enough said, at least I made it to Falmouth first even when I was the caboose.

00 Katana 600 (sold)
13 GSXR 750
Old 06-08-2003   #10
Bambam
Original Member

I had a great time yesterday. Good turn out for such a rainy looking day.

Bill - Ducati 900SS
Brian - Bandit 1200
Keith - Katana 600
Matt - GSXR 600
Shannon - CBR600 F3
Bob - Ducati 900 Sport
Brandon - R1

Pictures are in the CORE Gallery http://www.localriders.com/photopost...at=567&thumb=1

Rode Rt-10 and 22 - I have got to hand it to you SW Ohio guys - you're damned lucky having those roads so close by- they were fantastic and luckily for us the day turned out to be beautiful, dry and sunny...

Nice dry ride home too (if a little monotonous on the slabs)

711 mile day for me - Brian came down from Mentor for this ride so maybe 200+ more miles for him...

1999 Ducati 900SS
Old 06-08-2003   #11
mglisson
OH-Cincinnati Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bambam

Pictures are in the CORE Gallery http://www.localriders.com/photopost...at=567&thumb=1
Great Pics Bambam

I can't believe Isabella was this close and I didn't get to see her. too much ...

Didn't get out today either.

Thanks for letting me see some of what I missed!
Old 06-08-2003   #12
Bambam
Original Member

Mike, our tour guide Brandon had a video camera on his bike and filmed us for a short spell on route 22 heading over to I-75 - and that was some of the nicest riding of the day. Look forward to seeing some pics of me looking a lot slower than I feel - LOL

It was a bit of a shame that one of our guys went down... on his brand new Ducati too.. but thankfully he wasn't hurt at all and his bike has only cosmetic damage and busted up lights.

Bummer that we didn't get to meet up in your home territory... I cannot say enough about how great the roads were - Brian and I were talking on the way home about coming down again soon and staying overnight to get in some more time around there..

1999 Ducati 900SS
Old 06-08-2003   #13
mglisson
OH-Cincinnati Member

Quote:
... I cannot say enough about how great the roads were - Brian and I were talking on the way home about coming down again soon and staying overnight to get in some more time around there..
Glad to hear that all-in-all it turned out to be a good day.

Please do let us know if you're coming back down this way. Thankfully 10/22 aren't the only good roads around here. Also, thankfully , I'm not stuck behind the computer every weekend.

Hope to see Isabella..er...i mean 'you' soon.
Old 06-08-2003   #14
mglisson
OH-Cincinnati Member

Thumbs up video

Quote:
...our tour guide Brandon had a video camera on his bike and filmed us for a short spell on route 22 heading over to I-75 - and that was some of the nicest riding of the day. Look forward to seeing some pics of me looking a lot slower than I feel - LOL
Watching the ride from any angle other than the personal one behind the handlebars _always_ seems slower.

Hopefully Brandon will be as generous as you and share a little w/us all.

tks again
Old 06-08-2003   #15
FFPPATON
Hey Wait for Me

Sunday was not so lucky

BamBam, good thing you came down Saturday. Sunday was just as a great day until the monsoon, hail, and wind hit us. We were on the second part of 22 and just got to the end in Williamstown were Brian and You took off yesterday for I-75. No more than we got turned around and headed back down 22 when it hit all of a sudden. I don't believe anyone had a camera today so there are no pics of Sunday's group. Let's see if I can remember everyone that was there today:

Brandon, Shannon, Matt (Shannon's brother), Craig, Joe, Andy, Don, Rod, Mike (Rod's friend), and Me. I hope I didn't forget anyone, esp. someone that weathered the storms today.

Next time hopefully we can co-plan a ride with Localriders and CORE and make a weekend out of it again soon.

00 Katana 600 (sold)
13 GSXR 750