LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Clubs/Associations > OH-C.O.R.E.(Central OH Riding Enthusiasts)

OH-C.O.R.E.(Central OH Riding Enthusiasts) These folks have the market on some of the best roads in OH. Well worth a trip from anywhere to ride with this group.
Photogallery can be found by clicking here

Old 11-05-2002   #1
Breeze

Thumbs up C.O.R.E. and Ohio Riders Christmas Party

Howdy ya'll...

CORE and the Ohio Riders are having a Christmas party and would like to invite you attend.....

This is open to all riders, not just Ohio.

Below is the link to the CORE site party thread. Please check it out and if your interested, be sure to let us know...

http://pub89.ezboard.com/fcore7433fr...icID=133.topic

Thanx
Rob
Old 11-06-2002   #2
mglisson
OH-Cincinnati Member

more info?

Didn't see anything about cost in the thread mentioned above. Does this mean that it's a pay for what you eat party?

I've been to 2 different events with CORE...good food, great people and a great ride both times.

You guys planning any kind of ride or is this more of a eat and hibernate event? Brrrr it is getting cold, just thought i'd ask...
mglisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002   #3
Bambam
Original Member

Hey Mike... how's the muleboy? I was at one of the 'core' rides where you came over - we met at The Lighthouse in Zanesville and rode down Rt-555.

I think the Christmas party is an exclusively social event - no ride planned at all I reckon...

However, there is a Breakfast meeting at Polaris Bob Evans in Columbus on Nov 17th - may be a ride after that one if the weather cooperates. Another thread for that event on the same site.

CORE: Central Ohio Riding Enthusiasts
1999 Ducati 900SS
Bambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002   #4
Breeze

Re: more info?

Quote:
Originally posted by mglisson
Didn't see anything about cost in the thread mentioned above. Does this mean that it's a pay for what you eat party?

I've been to 2 different events with CORE...good food, great people and a great ride both times.

You guys planning any kind of ride or is this more of a eat and hibernate event? Brrrr it is getting cold, just thought i'd ask...
Quote:
Instead of picking a menu and setting a pre-set price, we have opted for an open menu. This simply means that everyone will order from the menu as they wish. Everyone will be responsible for there own checks. Just so there are no surprises, they will be a gratuity added to the checks. I am not in favor of this as well but, we are coming in as group with reservations and that is how they do bizniz.
This was taken from the thread at CORE.....

Sorry, maybe too late and too cold for a ride...However, weather permitting there may be one or two from the polar bear club ride. BUT, i really doubt it.

This is our First Christmas Party and mainly a social event. There will be lots of laughs to had though...

Hope to see ya there...

Rob
Old 11-07-2002   #5
mglisson
OH-Cincinnati Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bambam
Hey Mike... how's the muleboy? I was at one of the 'core' rides where you came over - we met at The Lighthouse in Zanesville and rode down Rt-555.
hiya bill,

i will never forget that day, my first on 555. man that is a great road. had a terrific time. december is a _crazy_ month for most people, me included. that weekend is already chock full of things. although, i do look forward to getting back up that way and enjoying the roads, food and company.

hopefully too, we'll see some of you folks head down to cincinnati for one of the NKY rides that the cincy yahoo group folks do just about every weekend. might be too cold soon though

who turned off the heat?

mike
mglisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002   #6
Bambam
Original Member

Mike - that was a fun ride. And I noticed there is video evidence of your 555 exploits in the photo section: http://www.localriders.com/photopost...at=531&thumb=1

I'm definitely going to make the time to get over to one of the N KY rides - I've heard the roads are sublime... but you're right - the weather's getting a bit tricky for long hauls right now - I'll stick to more local rides for a while.

CORE: Central Ohio Riding Enthusiasts
1999 Ducati 900SS
Bambam is offline   Reply With Quote