LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Clubs/Associations > OH-C.O.R.E.(Central OH Riding Enthusiasts)

OH-C.O.R.E.(Central OH Riding Enthusiasts) These folks have the market on some of the best roads in OH. Well worth a trip from anywhere to ride with this group.
Photogallery can be found by clicking here

Old 09-11-2003   #31
mglisson
OH-Cincinnati Member

Re: Re: Hi Steph

Quote:
Originally posted by Bambam
Dave, for those of us who set it up and tried to make it a good day, the snide comments and critiscism from attendees AND those who weren't even there, certainly come off as core bashing...
Another example of the perspective that I was talking about in my first post.

At it's worst I would call it ride bashing...and as you'll find as you continue to have/plan/host events, no matter what happens, someone won't be happy with something. Too fast, too slow, too many stops, not enough stops, etc.

"You can please some of the people some of the time but ya can't please all of the people all of the time." Or so the saying goes.

Take a look throughout the site here Bambam. People are free to speak their mind about things around here. When people see something they don't like, they point it out.

I've seen more of what you're labeling as "bashing" of CORE rides on the CORE site than anything in this thread.

For example:
http://pub89.ezboard.com/fcore74332f...icID=102.topic

Did you all forget about the thread above? It looks to me like people have been discussing issues like those pointed out by Speedy Pete pretty recently regarding CORE rides. There's even mention of taking things to the track.

After reading that thread on the CORE site from a couple of weeks ago, I'm having a tough time understanding why any of the veteran CORE members are getting upset at any suggestions made by anyone in this thread.

I mentioned in my other post in this thread what I felt some of the benefits of electronic communication were. Unfortunately there's some downsides to it as well.

It's sometimes easy to take things personally when you can't hear the tone in someone's voice, you don't know them that well and you can read the post over and over again.

I also believe that this causes us to want to get together and ride with the people that we're getting to know electronically. Meeting them in person allows us to get to know them better. This also means the potential is there for a large group, including new people, to show up for the ride.

It's a vicious circle.

Just my perspective.
mglisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003   #32
Bambam
Original Member

Mike, I have brought up many of Pete's points in detail on the core site (not here for obvious reasons) and the discussion continues. Without doubt he has valid points I'm not denying it. And the thread you quote does raise many of those same issues - yes, we are not denying it for God's sake. But lay off the sniping attitude and the condescending track nonsense, please. The cumulative effect of good intentioned 'advice' about the ride that most of the posters were not even on is getting a a bit tiring.

For the record, Speedytriple who brought up the cost of trackdays is one of our more conservative yet skilled riders. I've never known him to demonstrate any irresponsible attitude at all. While I would concede that anyone would benefit from time on the track, he's not one that badly needs to do so to ride safely.

I'm not a newbie, I've got 30 years and many hundreds of thousands of miles on streetbikes, a few gnarly crashes and more than a few close calls... I've done a few trackdays on both sides of the Atlantic and fully intend to do many many more. The people I've ridden with in the CORE group are some of the best riders and nicest people I know, and I'm starting to get p155ed at the attacks.

When speedy Pete apologises for the obviously malicious tone of his first post I'll cease to take humbrage.

But hey, it's his right to sling the cack, it's mine to be miffed.

CORE: Central Ohio Riding Enthusiasts
1999 Ducati 900SS
Bambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003   #33
theroamr

Bam-Bam , I agree

I know Bam-Bam fairly well , he's the perfect diplomat for core . If he feels miffed there is definetley ample reason . I to found the remarks a lil off base considering our invitation went out to your members as friends not critics . I myself am pretty surprised to see this kind of behavior . It's not bad enough that most of us motorcyclists are having our rights challenged all the time , let alone bashing each other . We have the same passion , lets cut the childish behavior and act like adults . At this point either seperate and go differ ways , or let a lil time pass and try it again .
Core Rider

Last edited by theroamr; 09-12-2003 at 12:25 AM.
theroamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003   #34
mracer29
Slow but, faster than u!

NOOOOOOO...... core bashing would sound like this........ CORE is a sucky lil web site with about 250 members that aint never gonna go any place, I have been on the core site and its pretty weak not much goes on in their threads. I personaly know some of the members and its no wonder such dorks are involved in core pittyful site!!!

I wasnt on the ride and didnt say anything about core in general my comments were to the way some people ride on the streets, and that if you think you are fast bring your punk asses to the track!!! show me your fast!!

The "ORIGINAL"
F & S Suzuki
localriders.com Racing
Racer/mechanic
mracer29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003   #35
Motorsports Photo

Quote:
Originally posted by Bambam
When speedy Pete apologises for the obviously malicious tone of his first post I'll cease to take humbrage.
Bam bam-

No malice was intended. My apologies if any was taken. I reported what I saw. I was upset at some of the riding I observed, and the string of recent fatalities was definitely in the back of MY head when I put myself behind the bars. I dont want anyone else to be added to the funeral notices.

Core bashing was not part of the plan but I KNEW (from being a netizen since '94) that there would be some posted. Since the only person involved in CORE I knew personally (Dave Leppelmeier) wasnt there, I had no idea who was or who wasnt a CORE rider. All I could do was talk about the "group."

My only intent was to get others to think about their riding so the ambulance crews could have an easy day, and to have some manners in traffic. We do have to share the road with buggies to other "squids." I would hope that the cars I pass would think "Look he's having a fun time on 2 wheels," rather than "A**hole biker!" A little courtesy can go a long way in changing the perceprtion others have of us.

From the posts here, I know more responsibility is expected among CORE riders.

I didnt think this thread would get to 3 pages so quickly!

Ride safe!
Be Alert!
Have fun!

-Speedy Pete
Motorsports Photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003   #36
Bambam
Original Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorsports Photo
Bam bam-
No malice was intended. My apologies if any was taken. I reported what I saw.
Humbrage retracted.

CORE: Central Ohio Riding Enthusiasts
1999 Ducati 900SS
Bambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003   #37
mracer29
Slow but, faster than u!

Quote:
I didnt think this thread would get to 3 pages so quickly!
GOSH wasnt it fun though..... I have to admit that most of what i said about fassttrax and coming to school was a BIG sponsorship plug. But is still belive in everything i said about racing, riding at speed, and riding on the streets. There is a time and a place for everything.

The "ORIGINAL"
F & S Suzuki
localriders.com Racing
Racer/mechanic
mracer29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003   #38
Shane
Team Squid Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by speedy triple
well on some points I agree with your remarks. the pace can get hot with the rides somtimes. when you are in large groups with slower riders mixed with more aggressive riders it is bad news from the start. as for the comment about the track, here is all i have to say: lend me the 200 plus dollars most track want for a half day and i'm there! dont get me wrong i dont condone riding like a fool on public roads. but with most tracks asking for a large sum of money and strick guide lines on bike prep, most riders just cant afford to ride the track often, or at all. maybe if there were tracks that only wanted say $75 to spend a few hours or half days more riders would save the fast stuff for the track and not do it on rt 93? just my two cents. i have looked into fastrax and mid-ohio track days but when they want 250 bones and you need brand new tires on, your looking at near $500, sorry my budget is not gonna let me do that. so if this school is so great then why dont they offer discounts to large groups?

mike

Now that the thread is peaceful I thought I would answer this post.

I am willing to bet that if CORE would like to get a group together and all take the class all at the same time I bet Bob Stanley would be more than happy to cut the group a discount. And once you finish the excellent street school with Bob you can then run the Wednesday night lapping sessions they do. Dirt cheap track time.

Just happens that fastrax has a forum where I bet you could ask such a question right here. http://www.localriders.com/forums/fo...s=&forumid=189

You can also check out http://www.fastone.com for more information. No real prep required for the street school. http://www.fastone.com/FSTX02/fasttraxa02.html

Getting on the track is one of the greatest things you will ever do. Just hope you don't end up becoming a racer because of a couple of track days. That is when Mr. Visa really gets a work out.

2004 F&S Suzuki GSXR 600

Thanks to our Sponsors! http://www.holeshotms.com and http://www.fsracing.com and OF COURSE Localriders.com
SharePoint Help
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003   #39
ninjagirl219
Dragon Junkie

Quote:
I personaly know some of the members and its no wonder such dorks are involved in core pittyful site!!!
Dan, you are such a butthead and I don't think I want to talk to you anymore! I didn't realize to be cool I had to be a racer! That's really too bad!

Or were you joking there too, because it sure didn't seem like it!
ninjagirl219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003   #40
Shane
Team Squid Racing

Reread Dan's post. He said that would be CORE bashing and no one was doing that. He was saying it in jest. No cause for a ruckus.

2004 F&S Suzuki GSXR 600

Thanks to our Sponsors! http://www.holeshotms.com and http://www.fsracing.com and OF COURSE Localriders.com
SharePoint Help
Old 09-15-2003   #41
ninjagirl219
Dragon Junkie

Okay, I'm retarded. So much stuff to read and it kept going back and forth and now back again and then forth. It's cool! I know I am a dork anyways! Nothing new there!
ninjagirl219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003   #42
Wheelie Monster
2Fast4U

Shane, that is a good idea about the track school and group discounts! I've been looking into this for a few months now, and think if some CORE riders can do this next spring, that would be great.
I'll post something on the CORE site and see if anyone would want to do something like the street school next spring. Since we have a track day later this month, I think most wouldn't have the money to do a school this year? I'm just guessing??

Anyway, 'nuf about the ride on the 6th! It was in the past, points were made, and taken. I just hope that in the future that we can all have a safe ride... who ever you ride with!
Rubber side down
NSR Race bike #4
Team Quazzymoto.com
Wheelie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003   #43
Wheelie Monster
2Fast4U

Sorry, hit the back button, and it posted the message again.. Deleted
NSR Race bike #4
Team Quazzymoto.com

Last edited by Wheelie Monster; 09-15-2003 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-15-2003   #44
Shane
Team Squid Racing

When and where are you all doing a track day?

2004 F&S Suzuki GSXR 600

SharePoint Help
Old 09-15-2003   #45
Wheelie Monster
2Fast4U

Gratton Mi, I think it is either next week or the last week in the month! Go to the CORE site under track days and you'll see the info. I can't go to the CORE site when I'm at the Fire Dept, since it has CHAT on the main page. Damn state computers!
NSR Race bike #4
Team Quazzymoto.com