LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > Clubs/Associations > OH-C.O.R.E.(Central OH Riding Enthusiasts)

OH-C.O.R.E.(Central OH Riding Enthusiasts) These folks have the market on some of the best roads in OH. Well worth a trip from anywhere to ride with this group.
Photogallery can be found by clicking here

Old 09-15-2003   #46
mracer29
Slow but, faster than u!

Quote:
Originally posted by ninjagirl219
Dan, you are such a butthead and I don't think I want to talk to you anymore! I didn't realize to be cool I had to be a racer! That's really too bad!

Or were you joking there too, because it sure didn't seem like it!
Oh yeee forget not this one thing in life "ALL THINGS SAID IN A JOKING MANNER, ARE ONLY THE WORDS OF TRUTH COVERED BY LAUGHS" LOL j/k!!!!!!!!!! dont get all pissy!!!

The "ORIGINAL"
F & S Suzuki
localriders.com Racing
Racer/mechanic

Last edited by mracer29; 09-15-2003 at 08:44 PM.
mracer29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003   #47
cbr_dog
racer4life

just my 2 cents worth from another person who has a different view of the people we all rode with.
i have been riding on dirt for about 30yrs and street for around 20 but never road raced but when we meet with all the rides i have went on i tend to be with the more experienced or fast idiots and seem to be comfy there mostly because i ride with gear and mostly with people i trust.
when i see people arrive on old bikes or beat up bikes i tend to stray away unless known and i will have to say i felt there was alot of different levels of riders on that ride but just because i pick the faster group does not mean we go get stupid and forget what we have learned over the last 20yrs i ride a bit faster on the street than most but i also know when you cross motorcycles and people there is a chance of accident on the track or road and there are tons more wrecks on the road you hear about because the amount of bikes on the road.
i guess my point is you can still ride fast on the road and be safe just like on the track where you are actually pushing yourself to go faster, everyone has an opinion on what is right just some people try and preach what they think is the right way.
ps why is it that people that race think they are the only ones that have rode bikes before so now they are faster.
03 xr50 pit bike
03 xr100
01 400ex
cbr_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003   #48
SpeedyD
Cafe Racer Nut

Quote:
Originally posted by cbr_dog
....when i see people arrive on old bikes....... i tend to stray away.......

Hey!

I resemble that remark
'00 SV-650 #175
'02 F4i
'75 Suzuki Titan cafe racer - For Sale!!
SpeedyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003   #49
Godzuki
ill save ya laddy

well all i have is maybe some prices on track days, for grattan. as i remember the last time i raced in i think 2001 damn (its been way too long) if you past a rider school in the glrra or ccs clubs you were then eleigeble for riding on open practice days. on all the open practice days i went to the hole day was 50 bucks, and a half day was 20 to 30. now yes your bike did have to meet the safty requirements for racing, but come on 50 bucks for a whole day, now thats cheap.
Old 09-24-2003   #50
cbr_dog
racer4life

you guys do realize most normal people do work day jobs and then drive there on a weekday for a couple hours of tracktime now that is still expensive.
most average trackdays are about 130 within a few hours away so on a low budget you could do a couple a year with new tires and still live, but i will say it is way overpriced for most all of them especially mid ohio and a couple other big tracks only because of the name.
i know this because i am a poor person that loves trackdays.
03 xr50 pit bike
03 xr100
01 400ex
Old 09-24-2003   #51
Godzuki
ill save ya laddy

yea im poor to, i work first shift well acutally what ever shift is avalible. i am a electrician, i used to race the hole year as an apprentice electrician. now i am married have a house 2 dogs 4 cats a truck a 2 cars 1 street bike 1 race bike. im on call 1 night a week and i take night classes after work, to eventually become a aircraft pilot. i know what poor is right now because im streched thin, but im not complaining about it i chose this. but i do know what it cost to go to the track. first off you need a racing permit, to get this in the spring and in the fall at grattan there is a FREE rider school (well last time i was there instructing it was a 10 buck gate fee) all you have to do is keep it up and not go down the whole day and wala you get the permit. you are now eligible for all g.l.r.r.a. and c.c.s. event race weekends. now last time i was there the tire thing was just dont come with crap tires that have a big center bald spot, basicly if you have tread your good. now to prep your bike for it takes a day on the weekend for your safty wiring. the price for the hole day of open pratice was 50 bucks a half day was 20 to 30 bucks.
now i drive 2 hours to get to grattan and 45 minutes to get to gingerman. for the pidly amount put into this total and the exsperience you get out of it, it is well, well, well worth it. now day after racing i acutally ride slower than i used to on the road. what you get out of this i can not completly exspress. one exsample i can tell you of how much better a rider you can become is a day those i used to ride with (in holland before i moved to kalamazoo) all planed on our weekend ride to be alittle differnent. the buddys i had said to me the only reason i was faster than they were was my gsxr 1100 made more power than there 900rr's and gsxr srad 750's and a guy with a 900 ninja. i said yea the bike makes more power but it sucks ass in the corners and im just riding it to its limits and that they were not doing that. they ofcourse started up a buch of pissing and moaning, and i said well ill prove it to you. they said how, so i said ill take my cbr 600 race bike stick some lights on it and a liscence plate and woop your butts down our favorite curvy back road. now mine your yes i did have a race ready 600 putting out 100 rwhp and super sport d.o.t. legal tires dunlop d 207 gps. they had a big hp advatnage on me the biggest was the 900 ninja at 130 rwhp the 900's and the 750's were around 120 to 125 rwhp. they took off and yes left me for dead for a mile or so into the twistys then i caught them and past them all and when i reached the point we had aggreed upon as the finish line i was about 2 miles ahead of them all. all do to skill not hp. after that day 2 of them started racing and all take the free rider school once a year and go to a few open pracites. needless to say i probably cant pull that off again agaisnt them. but now when i ride with them i know how skilled they are, and i know they are up to just about any situation that is thrown at them. i am willing to do what ever i need to get a couple of track days a year just to keep my skill up, with the old gsxr 11. now do you think the little amount of money you put into getting to the track for a few days a year is worth just blowing your buddies into weeds the first time and then getting them to go to next time then all of you will be better and better prepaired for what the raod can throw at you. now if you are barly able to just pay for insurance and gas then, i would ask some of the fast guys if they would be willing to teach you for a lower rate or free. i am willing to teach anybody who i know ride with me how to ride better how to set up there bikes and just about any thing else i can help them with, but i look at it as it make's my ride safter to if the guys around me are good to, and know how and why to do things. sorry for the length of this, its just i believe in what the track has to offer for street riders. i had road for 11 years and already had raced moto cross and sand dragging + paved drag racing + snow racing or ice depending on area, and the exsperience i got it 1 rider school was massive. so please try it even if you have to save up all year for 1, trust me you will love it.
Old 09-25-2003   #52
cbr_dog
racer4life

i agree with you 100% and i do the same with my friends but some of them are bull headed and will not try a trackday in fear they will crash because they dont have brains enough to realize its not a race but just great experience and learning without the danger of the road hazzards.
i do a couple a year and get faster each time, just wish there were more tracks closer to central ohio.
03 xr50 pit bike
03 xr100
01 400ex