LocalRiders.com  

Go Back   LocalRiders.com > The Market Place > Wanted

Wanted If ya need it, it belongs here.

Old 06-06-2016   #1
Project84

WTB: Large magnetic tank bag

I'm in need of a large magnetic tank bag.

Waterproof/waterproof cover might be nice but not crucial. A clear map pouch on the top would be good.

My tank bag is large enough now to hold maybe (2) 20oz pops. I'm looking for something double or triple that size. A long-hauler big boy.

Anyone have one they want to unload? I need this thing SOON. Post up pics if you've got anything!

Thanks!
Old 06-06-2016   #2
thom_boles

Re: WTB: Large magnetic tank bag

Just a warning. Not every bag is going to fit onto the Tiger so you may want to try before you buy if you can. These things have a pretty radical tank setup when it comes to mounting things up there. I ended up with a ring mount style bag and even with that I get some interference with the bars at lock turns at slow speeds and moving around.

This is what I got. It fits nicely and works well. Will hold plenty...
http://www.amazon.com/GIVI-XS308-Xst...i+tanklock+bag

I think all told with the ring it was about $190.00 and I pretty much leave it on all the time. I ran power into the bag for cell charging, etc.

Last edited by thom_boles; 06-06-2016 at 02:24 PM.
thom_boles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016   #3
DICE32
DICE'N & SLICE'N

John, I have the bag you need...Google First gear Laguna tank bag. I bought it from Eddie before he passed away. It was brand new never used, till I used it on my FZ1 on the trip with Bill to South Carolina with the guys from the Craigslist forum. Should be pic's on here somewhere. It depends on how soon you need it, cause I'm in Robbinsville right now, and won't be back till late Thursday. I was going to sell it now that the FZ1 is gone. You can have it for what I bought it for.

ROB "DICE" GILES
Dandridge, Tn.
DICE32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016   #4
icantdrive55
Biker Billy

P84: Here's a shot of Dice's bag....wait a minute....that didn't come out quite the way I anticipated. All I remember is that he was always complaining that his bag was bigger than he liked....wait a minute....that didn't quite come out right either. Well, n'mnd. You get the picture.

Old 06-07-2016   #5
Project84

Rob, I can wait until you get back. You're not far from me so I'll PM you and we can figure out meeting up. If I have your # I'll just send you a text. Think I've got it.

Looks like it's the GPS version and I just read up on it and everything sounds perfect. Just gotta see how she works on the Tiger.

Thanks guys!
Old 06-07-2016   #6
DICE32
DICE'N & SLICE'N

Sounds good, John! It''s virtually new condition for less than 1/5th the price....if the magnets and the height fits, I think you'll love it. I'll post here when I get home. Thanks for the pic, Bubba, and the more important bag comments! LoL!!!!!

ROB "DICE" GILES
Dandridge, Tn.

Last edited by DICE32; 06-07-2016 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-07-2016   #7
Project84

Hey I text the number I had for you but no reply (might be a geezer issue?) so I'll PM you my # and just reach me at your convenience.

Thanks again
Old 06-08-2016   #8
BUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantdrive55 View Post
P84: Here's a shot of Dice's bag....wait a minute....that didn't come out quite the way I anticipated. All I remember is that he was always complaining that his bag was bigger than he liked....wait a minute....that didn't quite come out right either. Well, n'mnd. You get the picture.

Looks like you guys are traveling ?......noting the sign in the background,...do they offer overnight accommodations ......................
BUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016   #9
Project84

Dice,

The tank bag is BIG! It fits the Tiger but the bars make contact at full lock. I won't know if she'll work or not on this trip, gotta test ride it after the bike is back on the road in a few days.

If it doesn't, I'll still hang on to the bag for future bikes or my Vulcan. It's one helluva nice condition tank bag. Thanks again!
Old 06-11-2016   #10
DICE32
DICE'N & SLICE'N

Happy you'll get some use out of it, John. As you can see in the pic, it made contact at full turn with my bars too, but it gives enough to not cause a problem. Have a safe trip out west, and give us a full report when you get back home.

ROB "DICE" GILES
Dandridge, Tn.